kernel 2.6.3 on JS20

Paul Mackerras paulus at samba.org
Thu Mar 4 11:38:18 EST 2004

Gazelle Jean-Laurent writes:

> I'm trying to build linux kernel 2.6 on a JS20 platform.
>
> I extracted the TAGGED version 2.6.3 of ameslab 2.5 repository and rebuilded it
> successfully but run into an issue at boot time (complete log is attached):

Note that if you do something like:

bk export -rv2.6.3 ../build

in a clone of the ameslab linux-2.5 repository, you will get a copy of
Linus' 2.6.3 release.  Because ameslab is a child of Linus' linux-2.5
tree, the whole of Linus' tree is present in the ameslab tree.  The
"v2.6.3" tag that Linus puts on a changeset gets imported into the
ameslab tree, and represents the same state in both trees.

Paul.