kdb ppc64 patches

linas at austin.ibm.com linas at austin.ibm.com
Thu Mar 4 07:43:04 EST 2004

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 12:37:03PM +0500, Ananth N Mavinakayanahalli wrote:
> Hello Linas,
>
> This is Ananth and I work with the LTC India RAS team.
>
> I just saw your mail on the kdb mailing list regarding kdb and ppc64. Just
> wondering if you are working on getting kdb v4.3 up on the latest ppc64 tree?

I just posted a new/improved patch at
http://www-124.ibm.com/linux/patches/?patch_id=1384

I'm not really planning on working much more on KDB, I just
needed a couple of features out of it, and that's what this
patch provides.

> 1. The poll_funcs[] call has moved to the arch-agnostic area.

I haven't tried poll_funcs with hvc consoles, etc;
it may need fixes there. Or maybe not, I don't know.

> 4. A few other minor tweaks such as checking for pt_regs/kdb_eframe_t for
> 	NULL in some functions, setting KDB_STATE to SSBPT in kdb_bp_trap(),
> 	etc.

I haven't done any of this, I haven't even looked at it.
The patch that I mailed out "worked for me" so I didn't dig any deeper.
If this needs to be done, then do it; I'm not planning to.

Another area that needs fixing: the way that TCE's work has
changed completely in recent kernels, and so I just stubbed out
the 'examine tce' routine.  This needs to be fixed.

--linas