kernel 2.6.3 on JS20

Jake Moilanen moilanen at austin.ibm.com
Thu Mar 4 02:36:33 EST 2004

Yeah, there are a number of FW regressions lately.  This one is due to
FW giving us the SPLPAR hypertas set and the kernel thinking it's on a
SPLPAR machine.  I have a patch that has a bunch of hacks to work around
the FW issues (there's more past this one).  It's not pretty, but it
will get your system booted at least.

The second patch is to work around an IDE HW issue where the IO space
has to be in the ISA range.  FW is supposed to get a fix for this one
soon.

Thanks,
Jake