kdb ppc64 patches

linas at austin.ibm.com linas at austin.ibm.com
Tue Mar 2 11:48:44 EST 2004

Hi,

I've just started applying the latest 2.6.3 kdb patches against
the latest 2.6.4-rc1 ppc64 development tree kept in ameslab.
The patch applied more or less cleanly, except in the two places
where it should have failed.  I'm now trying to compile.

In the meanwhile, I wanted to start sending back some prelim
feedback, see if this channel is still open, i.e. that this is
still the right place to send kdb feedback.

Makefile: round line 410, the ameslab Makefile seems have a
fancier/better construct than what comes out with the stock kdb
patch:

core-y      += kernel/ mm/ fs/ ipc/ security/ crypto/
ifeq ($(CONFIG_KDB),y)
  # Use ifeq for now because kdb subdirs are not in bk yet
  # Otherwise make mrproper will die because it also cleans core-n
  core-y       += kdb/
endif

(The above is not a diff, because I have nothig to diff against).

--linas