[RFC] don't create cpu/online sysfs file

Dave Hansen haveblue at us.ibm.com
Sat Jun 5 08:32:01 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 15:06, Joel Schopp wrote:
> I might change cpu_is_hotpluggable to __cpu_is_hotpluggable to help
> indicate it is a platform specific function.

Yeah, that naming is a lot more consistent with the other functions in
the arch-specific cpu hotplug code.  New version attached.

> Also, won't you want to
> stub out the function for the other platforms that do cpu hotplug?

Gah.  There weren't any in 2.6.6, but it looks like ia64 got merged
recently.  I see it in 2.6.7-rc2-mm2.  cc'ing ia64 list...

Any comments from the ia64 crowd on this one?  It should maintain
existing behavior on your platform.  You can always make that function
smarter in the future if you like.

-- Dave