Build Tools Problem

Eric V Van hensbergen ericvanhensbergen at us.ibm.com
Tue Jun 1 12:41:02 EST 2004

Just went through the exercise of the re-building my tools environment
based on the instructions from penguinppc64.org

Tried the crosstool route first, but could only build staticly-linked
applications with it.  People on #ppc64 suggested the
biarch route was much more stable, so I went through and build the biarch
tools.  They successfully compile and link
simple applications but when I went to build my kernel I got:

  CC      kernel/compat.o
  IKCFG   kernel/ikconfig.h
  CC      kernel/configs.o
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-minimal.c: 137: realloc: Assertion
`new == ptr' failed!
make[1]: *** [kernel/configs.o] Error 127
make: *** [kernel] Error 2

Any body have any pointers as to what I'm doing wrong and/or where I can
find build tool instructions that will allow
me to build both applications and my kernel for PPC64 boxes?

If it's relevant - these results were on a G5 with a Gentoo distribution.
Thanks for nay help.

        -eric