How to block pci config-reads during device self-test?

Brian King brking at us.ibm.com
Fri Jul 9 03:56:06 EST 2004

Greg KH wrote:
> But this is limited only to a single PCI device that you have, correct?
> To add such a huge core change for only a single, broken device, that
> 99.99% of the Linux users and developers will never see is not a nice
> option.

It is limited to every adapter the ipr device driver controls which
means almost every scsi adapter on pSeries hardware, including the
embedded scsi controller on most systems. So the scope of this problem
for pSeries users is fairly large.

While I agree with your statement above, Greg, I would still like to try
to come to a solution to this problem that we can all live with. If that
means only changing ppc64 code and ipr code, I will go along with that.

And while I can pester the hardware folks to fix this in future chips,
we will still be living with existing hardware for a long time.

--
Brian King
eServer Storage I/O