RFC: Dynamic segment table allocation

Anton Blanchard anton at samba.org
Fri Jul 2 12:45:51 EST 2004

> Ah... good point.
>
> I can see two ways around that:  allocate the tables from bootmem
> sufficiently low, or bolt into each table an STE for itself.  Paulus
> says he prefers the former option, so I'll look at doing that.

irqstack_early_init is doing a similar thing for irq stacks, it would be
worth consolidating the dynamic segment table allocation code with this.

Also it would be worth working with Nathan Lynch to calculate
smp_possible_cpus earlier at boot so that irqstack_early_init doesnt
allocate NR_CPUS worth of stacks all the time.

Anton