PCI Probe Question

John Rose johnrose at austin.ibm.com
Wed Jan 28 09:07:01 EST 2004

> But doesn't the ppc64 start up code eventually call pci_scan_slot()?  I
> haven't looked through your startup code to determine this or not.

Yes, but at boot time this doesn't result in redundant entries.
Consider a PHB with slots at functions 0, 3, and 7, and consider that 0
isn't owned by you at boot.  So 3 and 7 get picked up at boot by
pci_scan_slot().  Now when you dlpar add 0, you don't want 3 and 7 to be
added again.  That's my fundamental problem.

Will have that bkbits patch right out :)

Thanks-
John