Looking for commonality in 2.6 vio drivers sysfs requirements

Ryan Arnold rsa at us.ibm.com
Sat Jan 10 10:57:51 EST 2004

Hey all,

I'm looking to see what kind of requirements for sysfs entries we're
going to need for the PPC64 vio device drivers to determine if there is
a heavy enough requirement to justify separating the forthcoming vio
sysfs enablement code from the vio bus code in vio.c into something like
vio-sysfs.c, much like scsi_sysfs.c, net-sysfs.c, or pci_sysfs.c.

The drivers that are effected are:

ibmveth: no sysfs impl. currently in 2.6 (Santiago Leon?)
hvcs: Hypervisor Virtual Console Server : in dev. (Ryan Arnold)
hvsi:I have no idea (Hollis Blanchard?)
ibmvscsi : no sysfs impl. currently in 2.6 (Santiago Leon?)
vscsi_server: I have no idea (Dave Boutcher?)
hvc_console: no sysfs impl currently in 2.6 (?)

I'll send out an email on hvcs sysfs requirements early next week.

Ryan S. Arnold <rsa at us.ibm.com>
IBM Linux Technology Center