extreme RTAS printks

Olof Johansson olof at austin.ibm.com
Wed Feb 11 10:30:59 EST 2004

David Boutcher wrote:

> So we are going to document the format of the hex dump so that it is useful
> to people?  If not, I'm back to wondering exactly WHO the large kernel
> messages are useful for.

Doesn't look like it. I was of the impression that the RAS tools used
the /var/log/messages dump. If they don't, then there's no use in
printing it at all (_as long as_ there's a way to get to it from a
debugger, and/or as long as the last ones are dumped right before a panic).

-Olof

--
Olof Johansson                                        Office: 4F005/905
pSeries Linux Development                             IBM Systems Group