extreme RTAS printks

Hollis Blanchard hollisb at us.ibm.com
Tue Feb 10 09:31:22 EST 2004

I have here a boot log in which 280 of the 450 lines are "RTAS" hex
dumps. This is getting really ridiculous. Regardless of how important
these messages are (very likely they're reporting "hey! this partition
was killed unexpectedly!" which is worthless to me), I would much
rather see English from a daemon than hex in my boot log.

Could we *please* kill printk_log_rtas()? This data is available via
/proc files; there is no need to spam our boot logs with it.

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center