missing RELOC()s in prom.c?

Anton Blanchard anton at samba.org
Sat Feb 7 12:57:28 EST 2004

> Does anyone have a reason why smt_setup has to be called from
> prom_init?

Good point. We need the paca and prom.c police, someone who will come
knocking any time code gets added to either :) (for the benefit of
others, the reason for using percpu data rather than the paca is that
we can do node local allocation of per cpu memory one day)

Speaking of things in the paca, does anyone know why we a) have an
option to overclock the decr and b) have an option to overclock the decr
on cpu0 separately? If its an issue with iseries servicing events, does
the current HZ=1000 solve this?

Anton (looking to remove another field from the paca)