ioremap problems

Nathan Lynch nathanl at austin.ibm.com
Sun Feb 1 11:35:41 EST 2004

Hi Anton-

> Heres the spinlock sleep debugging patch. Give it a spin on a 2.6
> kernel (dont forget to enable the config option), I'll bet there are still
> 5 bugs in our drivers left to find.

$ patch -p1 --dry-run < might_sleep_warn.patch
arch/ppc64/Kconfig 1.39: 433 lines
patching file arch/ppc64/Kconfig
Hunk #1 succeeded at 339 with fuzz 2 (offset -71 lines).

The patch you posted didn't apply cleanly for me on latest 2.6 from
Ameslab; it inserted the Kconfig option in the middle of the vio stuff
for some reason.  So I hand-patched the Kconfig; here's the patch I
generated if anyone wants it.

It would be nice to get this into Ameslab or mainline, it's very useful.
  Thanks Anton.

Nathan