2.6.10-rc3 does not boot on PowerMac

Andreas Schwab schwab at suse.de
Mon Dec 6 03:36:52 EST 2004

Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse.de> writes:

> Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh at kernel.crashing.org> writes:
>
>> That is very strange ... it looks like the video card is beeing remapped
>> to a different location than where it was initially. Can you send me the
>> dmesg log ? Is this an nvidia or an ATI card ? Does either rivafb or
>> radeonfb work ?
>
> It's an nvidia card, but it is not supported by rivafb (pci id 10de:0321).

When I add this id to the list in riva/fbdev.c I get a mangled display,
but at least the driver finds the framebuffer memory.

    90000000-97ffffff : rivafb
    f1000000-f1ffffff : rivafb

rivafb: nVidia device/chipset 10DE0321
rivafb: Detected CRTC controller 0 being used
rivafb: disabling acceleration
rivafb: setting virtual Y resolution to 52428
Console: switching to colour frame buffer device 160x64
rivafb: PCI nVidia NV32 framebuffer ver 0.9.5b (64MB @ 0x90000000)

Andreas.

Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, schwab at suse.de