2.6.10-rc3 does not boot on PowerMac

Andreas Schwab schwab at suse.de
Sun Dec 5 08:24:48 EST 2004

Anton Blanchard <anton at samba.org> writes:

>> The 2.6.10-rc3 kernel does not boot on PowerMac G5, the last thing I see
>> is "smp_core99_kick_cpu done".  Any idea where I should start looking?
>
> At a guess, does backing out this patch help?

It's actually something completely different.  The system boots all right,
but there is no framebuffer console at all (X is working fine).  The
problem seems to be the recent pci cleanups.  The offb driver wants to
reserve 98004000-98183fff, but there is no matching pci resource.

2.6.9:
90000000-9fffffff : /pci at 0,f0000000
  90000000-9001ffff : 0000:f0:10.0
  91000000-91ffffff : 0000:f0:10.0