problem building 64-bit gcc

Alan Modra amodra at bigpond.net.au
Thu Apr 29 11:06:24 EST 2004

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 04:41:26PM -0400, Chris Friesen wrote:
> config/rs6000/linux64.h:588:20: signal.h: No such file or directory
> config/rs6000/linux64.h:590:26: sys/ucontext.h: No such file or directory

There are various ways of overcoming the circular dependency between
glibc and gcc.  Probably the best one with current glibc sources is
to configure glibc and run "make install-headers" before building
gcc.  Last time I checked, this didn't quite work, and I found I needed
to create a dummy gnu/stubs.h.  Bootstrapping tools from scratch is
still a pain..

> I'm suspicious about the "-isystem /opt/ppc64/powerpc64-linux/include"
> part.  That directory doesn't
> actually exist, so why is it trying to use it?

It would exist if you had installed the required headers there. :)

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre