hvcs.diff fixes build warnings more about hvc_console though

Ryan Arnold rsa at us.ibm.com
Wed Apr 21 23:05:50 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 00:18, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> > Did you ever take my hvc_console rework btw ? I got it working well
> > here on both the power4 and the squadron, but was waiting for your
> > tests before uploading

Ben, like I said last night in IRC and will say now for the public
record, you were correct in surmising that I had a broken hvc_console
patch earlier.  It seems that your 3rd patch works just fine on my
Power-5 hardware.  Now, about me taking your patch, I'm not sure I'm the
one to take it.  I'd say if antonb doesn't have a problem with it or
anyone else it should go into the Ameslab tree.

> > To be more precise, I don't like at all the use of work queues,
> > why not a kernel thread ?

For the public record, do you still think it is fine to continue to use
them while they work and then re-evaluate the usage when the hvcs driver
is submitted to the LKML for addition?

Ryan S. Arnold
IBM Linux Technology Center