hvc_console & interrupts: reworked patch

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Fri Apr 16 08:24:10 EST 2004

> +int hvc_interrupt(int index)
> +{
> +       struct vtty_struct *vtty = &vttys[index];
> +
> +       /* If not interruptible then it'll return NO_IRQ */
> +       return vtty->irq;
> +}
>
> That should be
>
> +int hvc_interruptible(int index)

No, I renamed the function to hvc_interrupt() since it returns
an interrupt number. Calling it interruptible is misleading since
it would mean it returns a boolean value, which isn't the case.
Especially, NO_IRQ is _NOT_ 0 but -1, which explains probably why
your previous patch incorrectly tried to use an interrupt on POWER4