HVC explosion

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Tue Apr 13 04:00:34 EST 2004

On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 07:39:40PM -0500, David Boutcher wrote:
> Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> wrote on 04/09/2004 11:53:02 AM:
> > Either way, you pushed code to the repository that was not vetted by
> > anyone. Bad form.
>
> Perhaps, but we have typically been using ames as a working
> repository.

"working repository" is just fine.  "Conduit to the distro" is not.
That is what happened here, correct?

I am concerned about this because stuff gets pushed to the distro, and
then the distro engineers complain to me about the level of code being
pushed to them and why hasn't it been vetted through the proper channels
instead.  I'm very tired of constantly hearing this...

thanks,

greg k-h