iSeries support in ameslab linux-2.5

Paul Mackerras paulus at samba.org
Tue Nov 25 21:36:43 EST 2003

The ameslab linux-2.5 tree now has iSeries support that appears to be
working well enough for people to start trying it out.  There are
still some problems with it, and we don't guarantee it won't eat your
(virtual) disks, so don't try it on any systems with important data on
them.

* Virtual console is working but sometimes outputs rubbish and locks
  up.  We need to forward-port the recent changes that went into the
  2.4 iSeries virtual console code.

* Virtual ethernet appears to be working well.

* Virtual disk is mostly working but seems to crash the kernel in some
  error situations.

* Native PCI support is still completely untested and probably doesn't
  work at all.

Comments/questions/patches welcome.

Paul.