marcello kernel &ppc64

Hollis Blanchard hollisb at us.ibm.com
Fri Nov 14 08:10:02 EST 2003

On Thursday, Nov 13, 2003, at 14:38 US/Central, linas at austin.ibm.com
wrote:

> Nothing critical per se, its just that
> diff -r marcello-2.4.23pre9/arch/ppc64/kernel sles8/arch/ppc64/kernel
> shows a vast number of differences.  I would be much happier if these
> two dirs were nearly identical.

Forget SLES8; they're always going to apply hundreds of patches and
that's their business (take it up with them).

What's more interesting is the diff between Marcello and Ameslab 2.4.
But that's something that tree maintainers are always working on, so
... they already think it would be nice if there were no differences. :)

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center