lock file question

John Rose johnrose at austin.ibm.com
Wed Nov 5 03:03:02 EST 2003

> Yep, that's the most sane idea.  You don't need to use ranges at all
> though, since there's little point in having more than one user at a
> time, even when it's possible.

Agreed.  The more I think about this, setting up the "kernel workarea"
part of the library to handle more than user is overkill.  There aren't
many RTAS calls that require low mem buffers like these.

If we do decide to enforce one user at a time, we have probably overdone
the size of the reserved kernel buffer (64 * 1024 iirc).  Of the calls
I've seen, the biggest requirement of a single call is
configure-connector.  It needs 2 pages.

Thoughts?
John