New Kernel on a RS6000 44p 170

Peter Bergner peter at bergner.org
Thu Mar 27 06:46:14 EST 2003

Bürgin Daniel (KTSS 1) wrote:
> When i understand you right, i have to install and compile the
> Toolchain on my System and after that i can compile the
> patched Kernel from penguinppc64 ?
> Sorry, i'am not yet an Insider but where can
> i find the 2.4.21-pre6 Code under Marcelo's Directory on kernel.org ?

You can get Marcelo's 2.4.21-pre6 code with:

   bk clone kb://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.4 linux-2.4

However, the most stable and "full featured" ppc64 kernel
will be 2.4.21-pre4 as found on www.penguinppc64.org
(ie, take 2.4.20 release tarball, apply 2.4.21-pre4
patch from kernel.org and then apply our ppc64 specific
patche(s)).

Yes, you will need to build a powerpc64-linux toolchain to
compile the kernel.  Directions also at www.penguinppc64.org.

Peter