problem installing redhat on pSeries 610

Christian Foerster foerster at 8hertz.com
Thu Mar 27 06:06:07 EST 2003

Hello all,

thanks for the info. Wouldn't it be possible to load the install kernel
from the scsi harddisk or over ethernet?

What would the syntax be like in open firmware for booting over the
ethernet? Which filesystems does open firmware support? I've got two
scsi harddisk in the p610. One of them contains a AIX 5.1 Installation.
The other one is empty. Can I just copy the redhat install files to the
scsi harddisk with AIX installed and boot from that? How would the OF
syntax look like in this case?

Any help is appreciated, since we don't have a scsi cd-rom drive here
to boot from. Also we really would like to install redhat on this
machine, since we are all familiar with it. Open firmware is still a
bit tricky for us.

Thanks, Christian