pci <-> device node mapping

Benjamin Herrenschmidt benh at kernel.crashing.org
Thu Jun 19 07:04:00 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 21:36, Todd Inglett wrote:

> The device_node contains a ptr to the tce table.  I suppose sysdata
> could point directly to it, or you could invent some other external
> means to find it.

Do you rely on this direct pointer in performance critical locations ?

One thing I want to do sooner or later on ppc32 and possibly ppc64 as
well is to get rid of all fields in the device_node except the actual
link pointers and the property list. Additional infos would then be
added to device nodes by adding properties. For example, I plan to
replace the n_interrupts & interrupts array with a "linux,irq"
property.

Ben