OpenAFS?

Marcus Meissner meissner at suse.de
Fri Dec 19 01:14:55 EST 2003

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 03:55:46PM -0600, Peter Bergner wrote:

> On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 13:17, Hollis Blanchard wrote:
> > I just got a random call yesterday asking about AFS on ppc64, and I
> > don't think I've seen the issue(s) described anywhere...
> >
> > I remember hearing people complain OpenAFS didn't work on ppc64.
> > One issue was the code trying to insert a function pointer into the
> > syscall table at runtime, which doesn't work because it ends up
> > inserting a pointer to the ppc64 function descriptor.
> >
> > Are there other issues? Has anyone seriously tried to make it work?
>
> That's not enough of a problem for you!?!? ;-) Actually, I think SUSE
> is working on getting it to work. Try asking _Marcus_ on #ppc64 on how
> far he's gotten.

Looks good so far, but I had to employ some pretty bad hacks, especial
for the kernel system calltable hooking (as mentioned).

Check the openafs*.patch files on:
	ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/aj/afs-test/

# uname -a
Linux tamarillo 2.4.21-128-pseries64 #1 SMP Tue Dec 16 14:11:31 UTC 2003 ppc64 unknown
# ls /afs/suse.de/
.  ..  afsdoc  space  user  usr
#

Ciao, Marcus