OpenAFS?

David Edelsohn dje at watson.ibm.com
Wed Dec 17 09:27:13 EST 2003

>>>>> Hollis Blanchard writes:

Hollis> I just got a random call yesterday asking about AFS on ppc64, and I
Hollis> don't think I've seen the issue(s) described anywhere...

Hollis> I remember hearing people complain OpenAFS didn't work on ppc64. One
Hollis> issue was the code trying to insert a function pointer into the syscall
Hollis> table at runtime, which doesn't work because it ends up inserting a
Hollis> pointer to the ppc64 function descriptor.

	A port to IA-64 should have a similar problem.  Has OpenAFS been
ported to IA-64 Linux?

David