Remove flight recorder

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Tue Dec 2 01:23:02 EST 2003

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 07:09:46 -0600 "David Boutcher" <boutcher at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> If I just answered the wrong question, remind me which flight recorder you
> are pulling out?

Wrong question :-) sorry.  In 2.4 there is arch/ppc64/flight_recorder.c
which allows you to log to a buffer that is accessible through the proc
file system.  It doesn't exist in the 2.6 kernel (so I had to ifdef out
the places in the 2.4 iSeries code that I am forward porting) so
presumably the pSeries guys won't miss it :-)

I know about the Hypervisor log and have used it quite a lot so far.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/