Websphere on POWER4

VAKKALANKA RAO Sridhar SVakkalankarao at covansys.com
Wed Aug 27 17:53:39 EST 2003

Hello,

I am trying to install a trial version of Websphere on my p630. My plan is to put a maximum load on the machine as a web server when it is individually running AIX 5.1L and linux-2.6.0-test. My plan is to compare the performance for both installations.

I managed to download a trial version of Websphere 4.0 and the binaries are genuinely POWER4 compatible. However, I am not able to execute them as they expect glibc 2.2.5. On my part, I built my toolchain with glibc 2.3.2 after downloading the source code using CVS.

Does anybody have Websphere 4.0 for POWER4 that are compatible with glibc 2.3.2? Can someone please tell me how to acquire it?

Thanks
Sri