inline syscalls in glibc

Alan Modra amodra at bigpond.net.au
Tue Nov 12 14:09:24 EST 2002

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 06:07:10PM -0600, Steve Munroe wrote:

> The code is there but the #if 1 needs to change. We still need to run on
> the 2.4 kernels. Perhaps change the:" #if 1 " to something based on
> LINUX_VERSION_CODE?

No, it shouldn't depend on kernel version, as assuming that registers
are used when not will always be safe.  The reason I didn't enable the
code initially was that gcc-3.0.x (or maybe it was 3.1.x, I forget)
couldn't handle more than 10 asm args.  Whatever the version, I don't
want to support compilation of glibc with old gcc versions anyway..

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre