32bit pointer in 64bit kernel code

Armin Schindler mac at melware.de
Sat Aug 3 02:46:53 EST 2002

Hi Todd,

thanx for your hint, but I know dma_addr_t. I think I didn't explain
my problem very good. The PCI card runs with its own CPU and software
on board. The PCI memory space is some kind of dual-ported memory.
The card now stores the data my driver wants to read in a defined structure,
which need to be aligned like my structure definition. One member of
this structure is an internal 32bit pointer which I like to define
as 32bit pointer and not u32.
I think I will change it to u32, it seems better...

Thanx,
Armin