[Linuxppc-users] undefined reference to __tls_get_addr_opt

Segher Boessenkool segher at linux.ibm.com
Sat Mar 30 03:16:58 AEDT 2019

Hi!

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 12:25:43PM +0100, Lorenzo Chelini wrote:
> I am a PhD at IBM Zurich working on compiler. I am having the following
> error “undefined reference to `__tls_get_addr_opt at GLIBC_2.22'” while
> linking a runtime library in LLVM/Polly. Do you know how I can fix this
> error?

> I am using a P9 architecture running Linux and I am using the latest
> advance toolchain (gcc (GCC) 8.2.1 20180813 (Advance-Toolchain-at12.0))

No you're not:

> Selected GCC installation: /usr/lib/gcc/ppc64le-redhat-linux/4.8.5

It is picking up the system toolchain of your OS (RHEL 7?), which probably
gives you a glibc 2.17, which won't work with that 2.22 symbol something
wants (you didn't show what, or how it got that 2.22 version; either way,
you don't want to use 2.17 (or 4.8.5) when developing new code).

Probably if you make everything find the newer toolchain all will work
well.  It's either a configuration problem on your side, or one of the
tools you're trying to build is misbehaving.

Good luck,

Segher