[Linuxppc-users] How to get notified about firmware updates?

Murilo Opsfelder Araujo muriloo at linux.ibm.com
Wed Jul 11 06:05:26 AEST 2018

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 11:49:20AM +0200, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Dear Power folks,
>

> I gotten quite used to the *Linux Vendor Firmware Service* [1], where
> the system is able to check for updates, and notifies the user.
>
> Having to navigate through *IBM Fix Central* [2] is quite time
> consuming.
>
> Is there a way to get notified about firmware updates? In my case it
> is about the 8335-GTA.

Hi, Paul.

If you're identified on Fix Central website and search for 8335-GTA updates,
there will be a link at the top named "Subscribe to support notifications".

https://www-945.ibm.com/support/fixcentral/swg/selectFixes?parent=Scale-out%20LC&product=ibm/power/8335GTA&release=All&platform=All&function=all

--
Murilo