[Linuxppc-users] memmap kernel option on ubuntu 16.04 power8

Calvin Sze calvins at us.ibm.com
Thu Sep 28 01:53:14 AEST 2017

Checked with BMC people, they said It cannot be done in BMC.

Calvin Sze
OpenSystem Enablement/Optimization
email: calvins at us.ibm.com

From:	"Jenifer Hopper" <jhopper at us.ibm.com>
To:	Brian Horton <brianh at linux.vnet.ibm.com>
Cc:	linuxppc-users at lists.ozlabs.org
Date:	09/27/2017 10:18 AM
Subject:	Re: [Linuxppc-users] memmap kernel option on ubuntu 16.04
            power8
Sent by:	"Linuxppc-users" <linuxppc-users-bounces
            +calvins=us.ibm.com at lists.ozlabs.org>

For FSP based systems you can go into the ASM and deconfigure dimms (System
Config -> HW Deconfig -> Mem Deconfig), but I don't know of a way to do
that for BMC based systems.

Thanks,
Jenifer Hopper
IBM Linux Technology Center, Linux Optimization
jhopper at us.ibm.com
(512) 286-6701