How do I access nvRAM from user space?

Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com
Thu Sep 25 13:18:21 EST 2008

Sorry for the dumb question, I just can figure out the right google search
to find what I'm trying to do.  I'm running 2.6.27-rc4 on an mpc8347 with
a 32KiB nvSRAM (Cypress CY14B256L) on the local bus.  We just want to be
able to access this memory from user space seperately from "main" memory.
We've got a process that needs to be able to remember info through power
cycles.  Can anyone point me to an article or some code snippet that does
something like this so I can sink my teeth into it?

Bruce