Not probing devices on PowerPC MPC8247 and kernel 2.6.26

Chris Skepper skepper at ukf.net
Wed Sep 10 20:07:29 EST 2008

Hi All,

I have an MPC8247 based board.  I can get the SMC1 console working, but
the other SCCx serial ports and the FCC1 ethernet doesn't work.

It appears that a part of the problem is that the probe methods are not
called.  The "match" table stuff all looks fine and the serial ports and
ethernet are defined in the .dts file. The module init function is called,
but the probe methods are not reached. It seems driver_register gets
called, so why doesn't something call probe?

Is there likely to be some problem with the bus setup?

Cheers,

Chris.