GDB, xilinx ml50x

John Linn John.Linn at xilinx.com
Thu Oct 30 06:00:15 EST 2008

Hi Stuart,

Most of my work is in the kernel rather than user space, but I've used
old GDB versions a small amount.  I'm copying Brian as he has used it
more than myself.

Did you get older versions of GDB to work but not the 6.8?

Did you build GDB yourself or using prebuilt?

With regards to using the eabi gdb with the EDK, my understanding (not
an expert) is that the Linux ABI is not the same as EABI such that you
might get some things to work but not all. Sorry for the fuzzy answer
there.

Thanks,
John

Perhaps
> someone has had success with the Xilinx provided powerpc-eabi-gdb.exe?
Is