needhelp to install linux 2.6 on ppc405 of a virtex II pro

John Linn linnj at xilinx.com
Thu Oct 30 03:08:59 EST 2008

We don't directly support the V2Pro, but we do support the Virtex 4
which also uses the ppc405 in the Xilinx GIT Tree.

git://git.xilinx.com
http://git.xilinx.com

You should make sure that you use arch/powerpc rather than arch/ppc
which many older web sites have tutorials about. Arch/ppc is not longer
supported.

You can find more information about this at http://xilinx.wikidot.com

This information assumes you already know Xilinx products and is not a
tutorial on all Xilinx products.  It also assumes you know Linux so it
is really the Xilinx unique aspects of the kernel/BSP.

We've now created a forum for Embedded Linux at Xilinx at the following
location.

http://forums.xilinx.com

Thanks,
John