Marvell MV64560 & MPC7448 Problem with init PCI device

Eduard Fuchs edfuchs at uni-kassel.de
Wed Oct 29 23:24:16 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm porting Linux Kermel 2.6.27 for our custom board. Currenlly I have
some troubles with the SATA (SIL3114) controller. The controller and
hard disk are found, but when the driver try to read the partiton table,
error messages (timeouts) appears (see attachment).

Can somebody please give me a tip, where the problem can possible be.
Are there some resources in Internet, which describes init process of an
PCI-Bridge resp. PCI-Device under Linux?

In attachment are the log-output from boot-process and the corresponding
dts files.

Best regards

Eduard Fuchs

--

  Eduard Fuchs                            Telefon:    +49 (561) 804-6596
  Universität Kassel                          Fax:    +49 (561) 804-6588
  Wilhelmshöher Allee 73                   E-Mail: edfuchs at uni-kassel.de
  34121 Kassel                     WWW: http://www.rs.eecs.uni-kassel.de
  Raum 0335:0339          FG Rechnerarchitektur und Systemprogrammierung