linux automatic logging and automatic script execution

florent manni mannivelle at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 19:06:44 EST 2008

Hi everyone,
I'm working on linux (last xilinx git version 2.6.27) on Virtex4 FX12 board
from memec.
I'm using buildroot with uclibc  and busybox to create the cross compiler
and the rootfs (everything set up within one elf file with initrd).

I try to make my embedded linux auto-logging and auto-executing a program
after kernel loads thus I haven't got to use the terminal to logging and
start my embedded program.

does anyone has got a clue where I should look to set this option (I think
it might be around /etc/initrd but I'm not sure).

thanks a lot.

florent