Compile program using XGpio

John Linn John.Linn at xilinx.com
Wed Oct 22 07:08:27 EST 2008

Hi Bruno,

I don't think you can do what you're trying to do, unless I'm
misunderstanding or just not smart enough.

The EDK from Xilinx ships with drivers that are not Linux drivers.
Those functions in main below are intended for a standalone (no RTOS)
system such they can't just be called from a user app in Linux.  You are
sort of trying to create a user mode driver with what you are doing.

There is a character mode gpio driver in the Xilinx git tree,
git://git.xilinx.com/linux-2.6-xlnx.git that has been used previously.
I don't currently test that driver as we're in the process of getting a
flattened gpio driver that is not char driver ready for mainline.

I plan to take a look at the char mode gpio driver today as there's
another question regarding it on the list.

Thanks,

John