How can I make flash writeable?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Oct 18 18:53:16 EST 2008

Dear "Duy-Ky Nguyen",

In message <BLU119-DAV13B797B2CC811E90F87406BB2D0 at phx.gbl> you wrote:

> I guess you want to have RW filesystem for your Linux target.
> If that's the case you need to have root filesystem as JFFS2.

This is not correct. You can use a read-only root file system combined
with additionala ,writable file systems.

> There's a document MPC8313E-RDB BSP User's Guide comes with the MPC8313E-RDB
> package.
> It has all info for several filesystems like NFS (network), Ramdisk
> (Read-Only), and JFFS2 (Read/Write)

That's incorrect, either. A ramdisk is usually writable (unless you
mount it read-only, which would be very unusuak).

See also
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/RootFileSystemDesignAndBuilding

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
To get something done, a committee should consist  of  no  more  than
three men, two of them absent.