Build cross compile tool chain for PPC

刘林 liu_lin02 at tsinghua.org.cn
Thu Oct 2 20:13:49 EST 2008

Hi, All,

I am a newby for ppc embedded linux. When trying to build the cross compiling tool
chain, I got some error message in making glibc (binutils and gcc are successfully
built).

Error message is:

{quote}
assert.c: In function ¡®__assert_fail¡¯:
assert.c:54: error: ¡®__libc_pthread_functions_init¡¯ undeclared (first use in
this function)
assert.c:54: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
assert.c:54: error: for each function it appears in.)
assert.c:54: warning: implicit declaration of function ¡®PTHFCT_CALL¡¯
assert.c:54: error: ¡®ptr_pthread_setcancelstate¡¯ undeclared (first use in this
function)
assert.c:54: warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has no effect
make[2]: ***
[/root/embedded_linux/ppc/build-tools/build-glibc/ppc-glibc/assert/assert.os]
Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/root/embedded_linux/ppc/build-tools/build-glibc/glibc-2.7/assert'
make[1]: *** [assert/subdir_lib] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/root/embedded_linux/ppc/build-tools/build-glibc/glibc-2.7'
make: *** [all] Error 2

{quote}

My environments are:

kernel: 2.26.     25
gcc & powerpc-linux-gcc: 4.3.2
binutils:2.18
glibc:2.7, configured with  linuxthreads enabled and nptl disabled.

My question is which packages should be used to build the toolchain for kernel
2.26.25
? Am I choosing the right version of these packages? Where can I find such
information?

Thank you very much in advance for any hints or suggestions.

Best Regards.

Lin