USB Flash rootfs prep!

Cristian Axenie cristian.axenie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 01:21:52 EST 2008

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Nicholas Mc Guire <hofrat at hofr.at> wrote:

> > I mount my ext2.img and run ls -l and I get
> >
> > crw-r----- 1 root root   5,   1 2008-11-15 02:24 console
> >
> > I think is not ok ?!
> >

> thats fine - so that should not be your problem.
>
> what is the console device set to ? can you pass it an explicid
>
> console=/dev/ttyS0 or the like to map it to a device that exists for sure
> and is in /dev/ ? off course you also have to check that the driver
> support is in the kernel.
>
> hofrat

I've managed to solve my problem. I took a clean ramdisk (that came with the
ELDK) mount it , added my needed libs, devs and test apps , then generated
an ramdisk.img (using genext2fs) , compressed it and then created an uBoot
image file. The modified rootfs is now on my USB Flash stick and it works.
My USB Flash rootfs is loaded properly by the kernel and related to my
initial problem, to be more specific,  I've created a root filesystem on my
USB Flash stick where I added the xenomai dir (including /bin /lib
/include...) generated during the Xenomai (from the trunk) install and also
the devices rtheap rtp0... in the /dev directory of my FS. I also used the
proper libc-2.6 standard shared libraries so the dynamic linker does't send
a SIGSEGV anymore and  I am able now to run ./latency or ./cyclictest). I
don't receive SegFault anymore.

Thanks to all,
Cristian