USB Flash rootfs prep!

Joachim Foerster mls.JOFT at gmx.de
Sat Nov 15 19:18:59 EST 2008

Hi Cristian,

On Sat, 2008-11-15 at 03:05 +0200, Cristian Axenie wrote:
> VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) readonly.
> Freeing unused kernel memory: 156k init
> Warning: unable to open an initial console.

Device file /dev/console doesn't seem to exist in your rootfs.

> Failed to execute /bin/busybox.  Attempting defaults...
> Kernel panic - not syncing: No init found.  Try passing init= option
> to kernel.

It seems that you don't have an executable called /bin/busybox in your
rootfs. Your kernel command line seems to have "init=/bin/busybox"
included?

But, hmmm, it is very strange, at least in your uboot bootargs there is
no such string. Is it because of some default kernel command line (set
before compiling the kernel)?

> Rebooting in 180 seconds..
>
> Shall I explicitly give the init ? What should be ... init=/sbin/init,
> init=/bin/busybox ????

The rootfs which comes with ELDK "starts" with /sbin/init - it does not
use busybox, right (as far as I can remember)? So you need to specify
"init=/sbin/init" on your kernel command line.

 Joachim