problems loading 2.6.25 kernel onto PQ2FADS-VR board

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Thu Nov 13 08:26:46 EST 2008

Jyotshna Cherukuri wrote:
> Bytes transferred = 12288 (3000 hex)
> => bootm 400000 - 800000
> ## Booting image at 00400000 ...
>    Image Name:   Linux-2.6.25
>    Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
>    Data Size:    1624845 Bytes =  1.5 MB
>    Load Address: 00000000
>    Entry Point:  00000000
>    Verifying Checksum ... OK
>    Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
>    Booting using the fdt at 0x800000
>
> And Then it stops. The board doesn't print anything else. Can anyone
> please help me to whats going on and to what I need to  enable to see
> some debug info on the serial port ( minicom in my case ).
>
> P.S :  I did enable all the early level debugging in the kernel but yet
> I dont see anything on the console.

Make sure that CONFIG_PPC_EARLY_DEBUG_CPM_ADDR is set properly for
u-boot; it probably wants 0xf0000088.  The default vaule corresponds to
cuImage.

If that doens't help, try booting the cuImage (without passing a device
tree from u-boot); it's what I tested with as there was no device tree
aware u-boot for this board at the time.  If that works and uImage
doesn't, then there may be a mismatch between what u-boot is setting up
in the device tree and what the kernel expects.

-Scott