Using DMA

Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com
Tue Nov 11 04:58:36 EST 2008

Timur Tabi <timur at freescale.com> wrote on 11/10/2008 06:35:21 AM:

> Bruce_Leonard at selinc.com wrote:
>
> > Is there something else I need to do?  Or is there something wrong
with my
> > device tree (always a possibility :)  ).  Any help is appreciated.
>
> You might need to add something like this:
>
> static struct of_device_id __initdata mpc8610_ids[] = {
>          { .compatible = "fsl,mpc8610-immr", },
>          { .compatible = "simple-bus", },
>          {}
> };
> static int __init mpc8610_declare_of_platform_devices(void)
> {
>          /* Without this call, the SSI device driver won't get probed.
*/
>          of_platform_bus_probe(NULL, mpc8610_ids, NULL);
>          return 0;
> }
> machine_device_initcall(mpc86xx_hpcd,
mpc8610_declare_of_platform_devices);

> --
> Timur Tabi
> Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale

Something like that already exists in
/arch/powerpc/platforms/83xx/mpc834x_itx.c, which I'm using.  Only real
difference is the first compatible flag is:

.compatible = "fsl,pq2pro-localbus"

Which I presume is correct since other drivers load and work correctly
based on what's in the device tree.

Bruce