booting 32 bit kernel on G5

Mitch Crane mcrane at fusionio.com
Wed Nov 5 05:32:10 EST 2008

Hi all,

First off, I apologize for not searching the archives, I'm afraid the
link is broken: http://lists.linuxppc.org/rules.html

My AMCC Katmai is on order.  In the meantime I'd like to try building
and running my driver on my Mac G5 PPC64, running in 32 bit mode.  I
have a recent YDL distro installed, and can rebuild the kernel,
switching off 64 bit in the kernel build config.  However, when I try
to boot the 32 bit kernel it hangs in the open firmware "release keys
to continue" screen.  Can someone please lend a hand here?  Has anyone
accomplished a 32 bit boot on a Mac G5 with a 2.6 kernel?

thank you!
Mitch.

CONFIDENTIAL

This document and attachments contain information from Fusion-io, Inc. which is confidential and/or legally privileged.
The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named on this transmission.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking of any
action in reliance on the contents of this emailed information is strictly prohibited, and that the documents should be returned to Fusion-io, Inc. immediately.
In this regard, if you have received this email in error, please notify us by return email immediately.