Device tree configuration for I2C eeprom

Ayman El-Khashab AymanE at tanisys.com
Wed Nov 5 08:00:03 EST 2008

Hello Felix,

Thanks, below is what I finally did that works ...

Felix Radensky <mailto:felix at embedded-sol.com> said on Tuesday, November
04, 2008 2:04 PM:

> The first entry in the table matches "compatible" property in device
> tree, the second one - i2c driver name, and the third one - i2c
> device name in the driver id table (see at24_ids[] in at24.c). So in
> your case it should look like this:
>
> {"atmel,at24c128",  "at24",   "24c128"}
> {"spd,at24c02",       "at24",   "spd"}

Then I modified my device tree to read, per an example I found
elsewhere.  The combination
of these two changes made everything work.  Again, thanks!

                                at24 at 50 {
                                        compatible = "at,24c128";
                                        reg = <0x50>;
                                };